Saturday, June 03, 2006

One week closer to SWEET FREEDOM!

Next week is exam week, with two teacher workdays. The end is IN SIGHT. I can taste freedom, and it sure TASTES GOOD! Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I love my family too. And emotionally teaching takes it out of you. Summer is so wonderful to me for a lot of reasons, including no set schedule, scrapping late nights after everyone else is asleep, vacations, waterparks, pools, Jenna time . . . I just get tears in my eyes thinking of it.

Here is my week in review:

Beth left for the summer. I'm sad, and I'm going to miss her. She retired this year from teaching, so it's been an emotional time. But we're so happy to have her with us. We almost lost her to a heart attack this year, but she defied the odds and has made some changes in her life that will only bring her hapiness. She's one of the best people I will ever know. She's my hero.

I went scrapping last night with Jami, and while I was BEYOND tired, I managed to get five layouts done (sans journaling) and I really like them! I find that when I go out cropping the best thing for me to do is not expect to get "x number of layouts" done or watch the clock. I am practicing summer after all, so time is no object!

I got my SM deadlines done, including my article. That felt good to check off the list. I complain about deadlines, but it makes me find the time to scrap, and this was a fun kit to work with!

We went to the Superintendant of Bill's district's home for a wonderful dinner on Tuesday night. It was fun to meet and talk with the administrators and get to know who Bill works with. The food was wonderful, as was the company. The weather however was tornado-llike, and we lost power briefly a few times.

I joined Curves. It's time I work on my health again, and this is a start. I also want to get back in the habit of walking daily and I want to take a Yoga class. I'm going to make this time for myself. I need to. I went to my orientation and weigh-in. There's a little eye-opener. YIKES. The only shorts I could find that were slightly athletic were some I wore when I coached basketball 12 years ago. I guess it's time to invest in some new ones, eh?

Today is a full day as well . . . I am going to the Art Fair to see one of my students perform. Plus we have a graduation open house, and Bill's sister and DH's 25th anniversary party. But it's all good stuff . . . I am practicing summer you know!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Good for you on joining curves
Hope your summer vacation gets here fast!