Friday, June 23, 2006

Feelin' wimpy.


So today Emily has to have her wisdom teeth out. Normal stuff, right? WRONG. I am such a wimp when it comes to one of my girls being in pain. You may just say I have some serious ISSUES with my girls being in pain. Does it matter that it's routine, and I have had my own out, so I know it's not a big deal? Nope. Does it matter that she isn't worried at all, in fact, she's excited that she gets some time off work? Not so much. Does it matter that she only has 3 wisdom teeth instead of 4? How about the fact that she's NINETEEN YEARS OLD. No. I'm still stressed. When I called my mom yesterday to see if she could watch Jen, I said, "Or you could take Em to her appointment!!!!!!!!" No bite. So I guess it's up to me to be the strong one.

Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Jami said...

Kay if it makes you feel any better, I am the same way when it comes to my girls. I always wish that I could be put in there place. If you need ANYTHING, just give me a call and I will do whatever. I am sure EM will pull thru with flying colors. Just make sure that she rest today and tomorrow. Hang in there and take lots of photos of her, she will love you forever.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Kay, I totally understand. It's so hard to see your kids in pain! I'm sure you and her will both do fine.. and it will give you a good chance to get to "mother" her a little. ( if your anything like me ,you probably miss doing that , since she left for college). I will be thinking about both of you today! Vic

Ramona said...

Hugs to you mama! It doesn't matter how old our children are, they will always be our babies and we never want to see them in pain. Good luck to you both. Ramona

Anonymous said...

You are a mom. I can totally relate. I LOVE the LO!! I LOVE that CBX paper!!!!

Anonymous said...

((HUGS))

it's really not bad- I had mine out a few years ago. I swear she shouldn't even feel much pain or anything. AND at least you don't have to see anything- just give out hugs and ice cream. =)

RACHEL =) said...

Awww, good luck - I'd hate that too!!
LOVE that layout - completely gorgeous!!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Good luck! You'll be brave for her.
Love the layout :)

Anonymous said...

Just use her attitude to help you through it - if she's not worried, then you shouldn't worry. I'm not a mom (yet) so I have no idea what it feels like - sorry I can't help much. Great layout :)