Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Well how boring . . .

am I right now? On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being the most boring, I'd say I'm an 11.

Let's see. Finished the kit from Scrap Muse. It is seriously a cool kit. I mean, great colors, great products, WOW. Loved them. But mojo was on a little vaca, OK, a big VACA, so I hated my stuff. If it wasn't for the terrifically-talented Mikki's sketches, I wouldn't have been been worth a "blank." And anyone who knows me knows I swear like a sailor, so insert your own expletive. GO BIG. That's all I'm sayin'. I was SO DOWN about my pages . . . I feel like my work is so same old same old lately. SNAP OUT OF IT, SISTER!

So I went to the Dr. for a referral on my losing my voice. Turns out I need a procedure where they put a camera in through my nostril to peek at my vocal chords and see if there are nodules, or if my vocal chords are somehow becoming paralyzed. OK, how many ways can I tell you how happy I am about THIS? Good times. But it needs to be done. What's a teacher without her voice? (And if any of my students read this, no need to answer here. Move along, kids.) So come to find out, one of the side effects of hypothyroidism is hoarseness. Whodda thunk it? Plus my allergies? Well, there you go. No voice for me. Well, a frog voice. Call me Kermit.

So today, no big plans for finishing anything. I mean, I'm fully aware that I need to finish my 3 layouts for KMA, plus a card, and need to have my stuff sent by the 21st. Plus, my LSS owner gave me some stuff from summer CHA to work with. Plus my super-secret project that I need to start on. But mojo? Nojo. Send a seach party.

Then the weirdest thing happened. I sat down, and cranked out three pages that I'm quite happy with. HELLO MO! Thank you for returning! And where the "blank" (you know the rules) have you been?!?!?!

I'll post them here when I can!

Have a great Wednesday.

3 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Oh Honey- I hope everything goes well with your appointment at teh doctors!!!
And...you never loose your MOJO - your LOs are always exceptional!!!

Jami said...

OMG Kay you are a silly girl. So happy that MOJO found his or her way home. Now if only mine would come home. Here Mojo, come to mamam. Now, good that you went to the dr. bad that you have to have that procedure done. Lord knows I have had tubes shoved up other areas but never my nose. You will be happy to have it done to find answers. {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your mojo is on the rebound. Bad news about your voice though. I hope you get all fixed up soon. Take care.