Friday, September 01, 2006

Where did the week go?

I cannot believe I haven't blogged since last Sunday! Wow, this week just flew by. No school today. HURRAY! It's a four-day weekend, and dangit that just makes me happy!

Jen started dance this week...tap to be exact. I'm not sure she's exactly a natural, but she sure likes looking in the mirror for a half hour straight! Stupid me, forgot my camera. And I NEVER do that! I'm bummed. But I'll snap some next week.

That reminds me, I haven't taken many pictures lately. Don't know what that's all about. So this weekend is "operation paparazzi." I need some pictures for inspiration.

Scrapbooking. Well. Still haven't done a thing. I think this is the longest I've gone in the last three years without doing anything. I mean NOT A THING. It's weird. But today is the day. I need to break the spell. And I'm cropping tonight, so that ought to do it! Wish me luck.

Today are the KI announcements. I assume the finalists have been notified before today and nope, I'm not one of them. It's too early to comment on my feelings...it's been so interesting to me to see all of the people who have been seriously bummed out over the DT's the last week. It makes me sad that people would want to quit this amazing hobby because they didn't get a spot. I'm not judging anyone here. Everyone needs to look inside themselves and make that decision. And everyone has a right to their feelings. I just never feel that way. Quit? Me? No way. I love this hobby. And if I never got another DT or pubbed page, I would still love this hobby. And even if KI doesn't choose me as a finalist? Still love the stuff. That won't change. Again, that's just me. I don't expect others to feel the same way.

The other night as I was walking I ran into two of my students from last year. I stopped and we talked for about 20 minutes. We laughed, and caught up, and I asked them about their teachers this year, and we had a great conversation. I love these two girls, and it struck me as I walked away is how much I love what I do. Being a teacher and having the opportunity to meet so many amazing people...that's just good stuff. Maybe that's why the losses in scrapbooking don't hit me so hard. Or maybe I'm just shallow. Who knows?

And the US Open. Now that's a good thing! And Andre WON!!!!!!! Love tennis. Love Andre. It's all good!

Nothing more to say right now. Maybe I should stop typing about my uneventful life right now and start scrapbooking. You think?

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Kay, how can you think that your attitude towards "losses in scrapbooking" makes you shallow? NO WAY! I think you have THE BEST attitude ever!! Some people get all caught up in the *creative* side of SB, and that is fine, but we need to remember why we do this craft in the first place...

I'm sorry to hear about KI, but I think your LOs rock, and I'm looking forward to seeing some more soon...

Take care,
Melanie