Friday, May 23, 2008

Let the weekend begin.

Seriously. This was one long week. Today was an emotional roller coaster, with our staff honoring the retiring staff members. I am AWFUL with goodbyes. I mean seriously messed up. We are losing some fine educators. People who have spent a lifetime making a difference in the life of kids. Now tell me that doesn't choke you up. And as much as I am happy for the people who are retiring, you could see with each and every one of them that they weren't done making a difference. That's what hurts. Cried all morning. And that feeling of sadness stayed with me all day, which is rare.

On to better news, I finished my article for the Scrap Supply newsletter. Layouts? Check. Article? Check. Relief? Check. Check. It is such a feeling of accomplishment when I'm done with deadlines. And I'm proud of this article. You really need to stop by SS on June 1 for some serious fun. They are even giving away a Making Memories Slice. What could be better?

Also went to see our coworker, Mary, and her newborn baby girl. It still just amazes me the miracle of babies. And this one is a beauty. Made me want another one for a minute. Biological clock and all. I'm lucky to have my two girls, and I'm happy. So the feeling passed. Not the miracle part, though.

No big plans this weekend. We're not exactly the type to head out on vacation when everyone else is. We're more the type to go on vaca when everyone else is home. Bill and I both work with people EVERY DAY, and I have no desire to deal with tons of people on my free time. Now I love what I do, don't get me wrong. But sometimes getting away from the crowd is just what the Dr. ordered.

Sharing some pictures of the diva and the makeup transformation by sissy from last weekend. Doesn't she look adorable?

No comments: