Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pictures

So my goal about a year ago (OK, maybe it was last summer), was to display some of the photos I have been taking in my house. Finally, I have bitten the bullet and put them up, even given my phobia of nails in walls. I'm serious, I have a real problem with hanging things on walls. It's too much of a commitment for me, I guess. The result is I have a bunch of rooms that look unfinished. Good times.

So in my family room I propped up photos of my girls and their cousins. (No, I did not mount them to the wall. Shocker, no?) I also added a random photo arrangement behind the couch in the family room. I'm not sure I love the effect, and actually had to leave the house for Bill to hang them. (Is there a self-help book you could recommend?)

In my used-to-be-a-formal-living-room which is now my scrap area, I hung an arrangement behind my cool red couch. I LOVE my cool red couch. I got the idea to hang the photos with s-hooks from a cutain rod from IKEA. And you know what that meant? Only TWO nail holes. Seriously, that's cool in my book. My sister Beth made me the quilt on the back of the couch. The pattern is called "Sudoku" which are puzzles that I adore. It matches the funky chair also in this room. Next up I'm going to extend the wall adding more pictures on either side. A trip to IKEA to pick up more frames is in the works. I'm liking how this room is turning out, but there is more work to do to finish it off. I'll share pics when I get there. In 5 years.

Big news for me in the works. Will share when it becomes official. Needless to say I'm thrilled.

I'm on the lookout for new music. I am so sick of my ITunes library and need to find some new tunes. Any suggestions?

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Jami said...

Ok Kay you know I love every thing that you have done. And I am so proud of you that you finally got over the nails in the wall. The finished product is beautiful. Now fill me in on your Big news. I want to be the first to congratulate you.