Sunday, December 23, 2007

Santa is coming!

Well, I made it through my last week with kids at school. It is such a stressful time of year with trying to keep up with teaching, home life, plus add all of the stress of Christmas prep. I have been such a scrooge for Christmas anyway, but I'm happy to say at this moment I am all done. Gifts are wrapped, food has been purchased for the meal, and I'm ready to go. I'm excited for Miss J though . . . she is really embracing all things Santa (except for the being good 'cuz Santa is watching. That part just isn't sticking.) It sure looks like she's good in the picture, doesn't it? Not so much.

Here is what makes me happy today. 1) I have received three Christmas cards with photos that I have taken. Now is that cool or what? Add mine to the mix and you have four. Cool beans, I tell ya! 2) Emily is home. It's fun having her around, and she's such a big help. She had her annual friend's Christmas party at our house on Thursday night. They truly enjoy each other, and it's great that these high school friends take time to reconnect. 3) I was asked to stay on the Provo Craft Design Team for another year. I'm happy about that! 4) I am loving all of the visiting and family and friend time of the holidays. We have been busy with holiday gatherings, but it is so much fun to see everyone and reconnect. 5) I bought a Speedlite for my camera with my birthday money. It may just give me something to do this winter that will get me through the holidays without offing myself. Have I mentioned how much I hate winter? 6)I have had former students who are in college in visiting me all week. I am so lucky to be in a profession that brings me in contact with so many amazing people. I do love my job.

OK, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. I'm shedding my inner scrooge and am off to have fun. Peace out!

No comments: