Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A rocking Christmas, indeed.

Emily's big gift this year was Guitar Hero (or as Jenna calls it "Kitar Rock.") There is nothing like jamming to Aerosmith to get you in the holiday mood. It brings me back to my concert-going days, when my friend Craig took me to see Aerosmith. Five bars into "Sweet Emotion" Steven Tyler passed out, falling off the stage. Concert OVER. Good times, good times. This was before he became drug-free, of course. So we've been jamming out in our household. Funny how the songs of my youth have become "hip" again. Can you spell O-L-D? Yeah? I thought so.

Miss J was in rare form. This morning while waiting for Em to crawl out of bed, (who moped down the stairs with guitar-hero-weary-eyes), she assessed the loot that Santa left. She turned to Bill and I and exclaimed, "See? Even though I was naughty Santa brought me LOTS of presents!" True dat, my girl. True dat.

So it's all over but the cleaning. And over all, I'd mark it a success. I just cannot wait for the Christmas decorations to be safely returned to the crawl space and the house back in order. I have already removed the ornaments and lights from the tree so Bill can put it out to the road in the a.m. I'm hoping for some Kay time. Wish me luck on that.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I too want my place back in order and was thinking of putting our (fake) tree in the box and even Emily asked if she could take the ornaments off of the tree today. Weird, but I guess they want their play area back. Merry Christmas, Kay.

Unknown said...

NO WAY on Steven Tyler passing out! Bwahahaha! Bum-mer.

Sounds like a great Christmas for you all--esp. the camera. Woot! Woot!