Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Seriously. Enough already.

Still busy, and it's bringing me down. Let's see. Went to IKEA on Thursday of last week, and took Em so she could get some things for her house. She's living off campus for the first time next year. So by the time we loaded her stuff, my stuff, and my sister's stuff, you couldn't see out the back window of my (white trash) van. YIKES. It's easy to create needs in that store, for sure. That killed Thursday.

Then I decided while Bill was gone for the weekend to paint the formal living room, which is now becoming my scrap area. It is the most unused room of our house. It is the dust collecting room. Once Em decided to take the couch, chairs, and tables for school it was decided to make a scrap corner. So I bought the Expedit bookcase. And to put it up, you have to attach it to the walls, which needed to be painted. So my sister Beth came over and we jumped in. Friday, I stripped the rest of the wallpaper backing off the walls. Why? I don't know. I just wanted to get it done. Saturday was the first coat of paint and Maggi's bday (see picture.) Sunday was the final coat of paint, and a trip to Urgent Care. I fell off the ladder, spilling brown paint on my off-white carpet. Hurt my wrist but kept painting. Then later when putting together the bookcase, I did the real damage. I thought I was going to throw up it hurt so bad. Not broken though, thank goodness.

There goes my weekend! But I feel a sense of accomplishment. Once the old furniture is out, I'll go look for the remaining pieces to finish the room. I'm excited, and I think it will look nice, as well as be functional.

I spent the day yesterday moving all the scrap stuff back in the room. A friend came and visited last night. Had an inservice this morning, and went shopping all afternoon for lamps. Another day bites the dust.

I'm starting to feel the end of summer. No matter how much I love my job, I love my freedom too, and I'm feeling it slipping away. I have this list in my head of things I haven't done enough of this summer, and it's bumming me out. I wish I would have read more, taken more pictures, done more scrapping . . . and the days are slipping away. Oh well, there's always next summer, right?

Peace.

1 comment:

Carrie C said...

I feel the same way even though I don't think we have to report until Aug 28th. I taught summer school and REALLY am feeling like I had no summer at all