Saturday, April 14, 2007

Get your head in the game!

Went to MHS's production of High School Musical. I knew so many of the actors/actresses in this play from teaching, and I was so incredibly PROUD of my kids. You know, high school students get a lot of bad press. We don;t spend nearly enough time talking about all that they do right. And seeing the talent, the poise, the pride that these kids have in this production . . . well, it's why I teach. I call myself lucky to have the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people through my job. Blessed, really. Jenna was so geeked that she knew some of the actors/actresses. It was magical. Go see a high school drama production next chance you get. You'll see the good in today's kids. I promise you.

Taught at my LSS today. They were having a birthday bash, and I did 3 hours of make & takes. I am getting a cold, and by the time my three hours were up, I was exhausted. Too much so to shop. (GASP.) I have some DT deadlines to meet, and hope that I can get them done tomorrow, as well as go to a birthday party for my sister, dad, and BIL. It's been a busy weekend!

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend. And don't be freaked out by the picture of J. It's a funny one, no?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ooodles of fun for you Kay! Love it! I would so love to do a class with you too! xoxo :))) Loves,
K

Lyneen said...

The picture of J is too cute.... That will be a fun one to scrap! lyneen