Sunday, January 20, 2008

Freakishly Busy Week


Seriously. Monday was dance lessons. Tuesday was dinner with some teachers from Central. Wednesday was freshmen parent orientation at night. Thursday was my LAST grad class. Friday was a haircut and dinner with more friends. Saturday I taught my Elements class. And today was my mom's birthday party. WHEW. I wanted to stay busy, but SERIOUSLY.

Em came home for mom's birthday. She got her haircut, and it looks SO CUTE! Everyone in my family laughs at me about my haircut phobias. I had long hair when I was in elementary school. So long, in fact, I could sit on it. When I finally chopped it all off in 5th grade in the quest for a perfect Dorothy Hamill 'do, well, it "didn't," if you catch my drift. Seriously ugly. So much so that one of the boys in my class, Jay, told me he'd bring me a paper bag to wear over my head. I still give him grief about that when I see him. He will NEVER live it down. LOL! So when it comes to cutting my girl's hair, my freaky phobia emerges. Why do I admit this stuff?

The highlight of my week? Tennis. I've been watching the Australian Open when I get a chance. I love tennis. Not sure why, but I always have. It makes me long for summer though. And when the high today was 2 degrees, a big ol' dose of summer would be amazing.

No news in scrapland. May have an opportunity, but it's too early to say. Don't want to jinx it, and I'm not sure it's right for me at this time. But if it happens I'll share for sure.

Exam week in school, so the kids are stressed to the max. It's a weird week in terms of the schedule, so it should be interesting. No kids on Thursday and Friday while we finish grades. UGH. But I have a student teacher who helps me out a ton, so it shouldn't be too bad.

OK, I'm out for the week. Have a good one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooohhhh, I love Em's hair!!! You're so funny about the haircut phobia. I haven't let my DD get her hair cut yet, and she's 6. She's been asking, but I, too, had a bad haircut experience, so I haven't let her cut it yet. Can't wait to hear about the opportunity. You are SO TALENTED, so I'm totally not surprised. I miss ya!