Saturday, January 27, 2007

An interesting week.

It was an interesting week. Bill's aunt died. So sad. The funeral was on Thursday. It gets you thinking about life, KWIM? One of the things the father said was, "How will you be remembered?" Something to think about, no?

Let's see. Jen got a haircut. She looks too cute! Older, and I almost hyperventilated when it was getting cut. You see, I have issues with cutting long hair. My sister and I always had long hair, so long you could sit on it. I remember that I would fight with my mom because she always wanted it in braids. I used to go to school and take them out, and say someone else did it. (Can you say liar, liar, pant on fire?) Then in fifth grade I got a genius idea to cut it all off. Well, that didn't go so well. Some of the boys in school told me they would bring a bag to wear over my head, it looked so bad. Hence the "issues" with cutting hair. I had it with Emily, and now with Jenna. The hairdresser only cut off about 4 inches, and her hair is still long. Just not AS long.

My nephew called my mom the other day and told her to watch the news. He is a deputy in a county up north, and there was a story on the air he was involved in. See the article. To make a long story short, he is a hero. NOT that I didn't already know that, but he saved three people from a burning vehicle. I couldn't be any prouder of him.

So I'm hoping to have a creative weekend. It has been so long since I've done any scrapping. And I'm hoping to do a little something with some beads that were RAK'd my way. If you find any mojo, please send it my way. I beg of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the haircuts. My dd Morgan's hair is long and she keeps telling me she wants it cut. I say no way!!! Where I had no choice w/ my other dd, cause she took the scissors to it herself!
Sorry about the loss of your aunt. And congrats to your nephew, how wonderful he is!!
Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I'll be bookmarking yours now too!!