Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Thankful

So I've been in a really bad mood lately. No idea why . . . just cranked at the littlest of things. UGH. So I decided to remind myself what I should be thankful for. It hit me the other day when I was leaving school . . . this nagging memory trying to come to the surface. It was something about the weather that brought me back to this time of year last year, when I was visiting my dad in a nursing home. It was totally unexpected, routine knee surgery. But a bad reaction to anesthesia as well as a medication that was conflicting with his Parkinson's put him in a psychotic state. I was lower than low at that point in my life. BEYOND sad. So why do I bring this up?

It's his birthday today. I called him at home and sang him a birthday song. Because after all of that struggle of getting him back on his feet, both physically and mentally, he is doing well. Beyond well. And I'm so thankful for that. So why am I so grouchy? I have so mucht o be thankful for!

No comments: